Wednesday 7 May 2014

WIP Wednesday

Socks!

After finishing my first project on DPN’s (a baby hat, the FO post will be coming soon), I was looking forward to trying my first sock.

I thought I would start with something fairly straight forward so I went for Laura Linneman’s Afterthought heel sock pattern. It’s free on ravelry, and I’m finding it very clear and straight forward (though I did shorten the rib a little. It’s just a matter of personal preference, and I’ll just wait and see how that affects it).


I love it! I’m at that stage where I keep waving it in my Mum’s face (it’s all right; she does the same to me with her projects) because I love it so much. I’m using KnitGlobal sock yarn in the colourway cranberries, and it’s a nice wool/nylon mix that is knitting up lovely. I can already tell it’s going to be very cosy.

As predicted, my other big project at the minute, the hooded tunic, has stalled. I finished the front, and then pushed it to one side as I wasn’t in to mood to sew the shoulders together to knit the rest of the sleeves. Maybe when it’s a bit colder outside it’ll give me a bit of motivation to get it finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment