Thursday 1 May 2014

My words have gone awondering...

It's been a hard couple of weeks for me, both physically and mentally, and as a result my words seem to have dried up completely outside essential situations such as the day job.


I've finally managed to start taking baby steps again though, and one of those has been going over to the park across from us and talking to the dog as she has her after-dinner sniff about. It's light enough now that I can see where my feet are and close enough to home that it isn't too taxing for me. I can still really only go out on my days off, but baby steps are still steps and who can resist that cute face? 

What I've finished reading
Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie. I loved it, and was completely invested in all the characters. I did feel it lost a little momentum towards the end when it became one viewpoint, but that wasn't enough to put me off, and I found it a little easier to read (less brain required).  Looking forward to the next one.
  
Volume three of Saga by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples.  Repeat what I said for the first two volumes. Absolutely loved it!!

Cross and Burn by Val McDermid. I actually enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would, and not just because of my lowered expectations either. I do think this is a better book than The Retribution - it didn't feel like plotlines were competing for space on the page, and the character reactions felt a lot more natural this time around. I am quite looking forward to the next in the series now.

Night Broken by Patricia Briggs. I ended up with a physical copy and I couldn't help rereading it. I loved it just as much second time around

What I'm reading
I'm reading Trading in Danger by Elizabeth Moon. I am enjoying it, but I'm kind of blah on a lot of things at the moment so it's not getting the full attention it deserves.

Heaven's Queen by Rachel Bach arrived for me yesterday. I've read the first couple of chapters already, but I think I am going to leave it to this coming long weekend so it doesn't suffer from the blah effect. Which is incredibly hard, but I know I will enjoy it more (especially as the blahs are starting to fade a little).

What I'm reading next
I want to get Trading in Danger finished, as well as picking up Knife Sworn by Marzarkis Williams again. I've also borrowed How to be a Productivity Ninja by Graham Allcott in the hope it jump starts something.

No comments:

Post a Comment