Monday 14 April 2014

What I'm reading

What I've finished reading
Masques and Wolfsbane (the Aralorn duology) by Patricia Briggs. It was noticeable in Masques that it was Briggs' first book, but I have to say I love the characters and both books anyway. I'll be adding copies to my to buy list as I'll definitely be rereading them again. (And that takes me to the last of Briggs' back catalogue that I can easily get my hands on. :( )

Dark Witch by Nora Roberts. It felt rather contrived and convenient in a lot of places, but I liked it enough to keep reading anyway. It was ideal for curling up when with a cup of tea and the rain pounding on the window.
  
Volumes one and two of Saga by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples. I don't really have anything other to say than I absolutely loved it, and I laughed out loud and nearly cried at several points. I'm waiting not so patiently for volume 3! Definitely another one for the reread pile.

What I'm reading
After a bit of a break (my boss requested the copy I was reading), I'm back to Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie, and I'm still enjoying it. It seems to be coming together nicely now, and I'm getting thoroughly intrigued.

What I'm reading next
I know I've said this before, but I really want to get Cross and Burn read this time.

I've not read quite as much this time, mainly because I've been busy focusing on painting this:

It's been years since I painted and I'm really, really pleased at how it turned out. It's recognisably a peony rose bud! I'm not sure my paintbrushes will be something I'll be picking up regularly again though, but I enjoyed stretching my muscles and having a go as well as the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment